Opportunities in Private Enterprise!
Private Enterprise – Private Enterprise Head Office /
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our KPMG Private Enterprise division helps owner operated businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from local businesses to international companies that have businesses in New Zealand. We also work with a number of clients in the not for profit sector and have a strong presence in the high net worth / family trust sector.
- A successful candidate will get to work with a range of KPMGs impressive clients, and along with our wider team be focused on Fuelling New Zealands Prosperity to help them achieve their aspirations. The role will be shaped to build on your strengths, be that, technical, advisory, performance or compliance in nature, and have a range of opportunities to advance your career.
- We have a number of senior level roles available in our Tauranga team to actively manage profitable and strategic client relationships, providing clients with proactive high quality, commercial and technically correct advice
- These roles will also be responsible for providing proactive management and leadership to maximise opportunities as a team
Day to day you will:
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity, with supporting work papers, that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements, such as: Tax returns and tax compliance; Periodic accounting; Accounting for larger companies; Management accounting
- Independently analyse and resolve complex accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Pro-actively manage client relationships
- Identify, recommend and implement value-added solutions for clients
- Lead, manage and develop a team to deliver an exceptional quality of service
- Identify business opportunities in existing client base
What you'll bring to our team:
- 3+ years as a Chartered Accountant within a New Zealand Chartered Accounting environment
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Experience with people management desirable but not essential
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, and computerised accounting systems
- Commercial acumen / astute in business
- Able to build rapport with partners, staff and clients
- Comfortable with making decisions, and directing, developing, and supporting team
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2022 to the 16th January 2023 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in February 2023.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.