Senior Analyst - Deal Advisory
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
Are you interested in working on projects that will deliver real impact for the lives of New Zealanders and developing your skillset as a commercial advisor?
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
- Our Wellington Deal Advisory team is looking for high performing candidates at Senior Analyst with approximately 3 years working experience in the private sector or a government agency. We are a team of diverse skillsets and backgrounds who enjoy working together on complex engagements for our commercial and government clients. Having a collaborative and supportive environment where we help our people to achieve personally and professionally is really important to us and we’re proud of our working culture.
- Developing the strategic rationale and commercial and delivery model for a new investment
- Supporting a public agency or private sector client to procure a large infrastructure project
- Financial planning to support a transaction or Budget bid
- Providing strategic advice to a private sector client in a disrupted industry
- Assisting government with the implementation of a sector reform programme.
- Supporting a metro Council with the development of a Community Housing Provider structure for its council housing portfolio
- Developing a capital investment framework for a capital-intensive government agency
- Providing commercial and project financing advice relating to the provision of growth infrastructure
- Divestment of ownership interest in a financial services business
- Valuing large and medium sized New Zealand businesses
- Undertaking due diligence on behalf of a major international client considering the acquisition of a New Zealand entity.
As a member of the team, you might be involved in:
While our team has a commercial focus, we are especially interested in hearing from candidates with a government and policy background who have excellent analytical, writing and problem-solving skills.
Some recent projects that the team has worked on include:
Day to day you will;
- Contribute to the delivery of engagements as part of a high performing project team
- Apply your skills to a range of strategic, commercial and investment decisions for public and private sector clients
- Produce high quality advice in a clear and impactful way
- Support the team in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience working in an analytical role in a policy, investment, economic or consulting environment
- Dedication to supporting a collaborative and positive team culture
- A passion for developing solutions to complex strategic, commercial and financial issues across a range of sectors
- Understanding how the New Zealand public sector works, particularly in policy, financial management and/or business case development or a willingness to learn
- Comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, including communicating solutions to complex issues in a simple and accessible way
- Sensitive to client’s needs and an ability to build authentic relationships both internally and externally
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.