Senior Management Consultant - KPMG Hauora (Health)
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means being part of a talented team of exceptional professionals who bring innovative innovation and insights to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives.
KPMG's Advisory collaborates with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new opportunity.
- This is a senior leadership role with a focus on KPMG Hauora (Health). You will be joining our Government sector practice in one of the fastest growing areas across our business. You will work closely with the government and health sector, key stakeholders and other agencies to support the impact of key Government reforms, in particular the Health reform and the transition to a new health eco system and health entities. You will help the Health Sector to continue to deliver on large programmes that deliver better and equitable health outcomes for Aotearoa. KPMG works with Government agencies and you will be able to use your skills to lead exciting programmes of work in the sector.
- You will need extensive experience in business development and programme delivery gained in a Consulting environment. You will be tasked with winning work, delivering work and playing your part in leading a high performing team of consultants.
Day to day you will:
- Have a primary focus on business development in the health sector nationally across Aotearoa.
- Provide clients with programme and service design and delivery expertise to allow them to deliver on their strategic outcomes.
- Negotiate and deliver on client expectations.
- Ensure customer and stakeholder satisfaction, through supporting clients deliver their transformation programmes.
- Develop and monitor project plans, plan overall work requirements of an engagement, develop terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks.
- Direct assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements.
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients.
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking engagements.
- Assist with staff supervision, counselling, review and on the job coaching of staff on individual engagements.
- Contribute to the development and marketing of new products and services.
- Develop and build trusted relationships with our clients.
- Actively seek feedback from clients to ensure our service quality is maintained.
What you'll bring to the team:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant practical health and consulting experience.
- Proven leadership experience in key roles serving the health and government sector with a strong network and credentials as an employee and/ or as a consultant.
- Key stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills.
- The delivery of all work in a culturally competent and appropriate way, working in partnership with our key stakeholders and respecting Tikanga Maori practices and values.
- Drive and enthusiasm with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion.
- Strong experience in delivering in a consulting business.
- Excellent leadership skills - coaching and mentoring the team.
- Excellent problem solving and project management abilities.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and our team.
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.