Manager - Sustainable Value
Consulting – Sustainable Value /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
The Advisory division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services to clients. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service that adds recognized value.
At KPMG, we see sustainability as the coming together of environmental, social and economic sensibilities. Though simple in principle, the practice is often complex. KPMG’s broad base of internal expertise helps clients break through bottlenecks to craft practical solutions and create truly Sustainable Value for stakeholders through in-depth analysis, informed strategy, and integrated reporting.
- This position plays a crucial role within KPMG’s national Sustainable Value Team and IMPACT initiative. As such, it represents an opportunity to help keystone organisations navigate a wide range of environmental challenges, fulfil their purpose, and deliver sustainable value to stakeholders for an inclusive, prosperous, and resilient New Zealand. The Manager - Sustainable Value will work closely with colleagues to deliver team goals, with a core focus on Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and Sustainability issues.
- As part of the wider Advisory practice, the Manager will work to implement the strategic goals of the division including operational responsibility for the successful delivery of engagements, and both staff and client relationships.
Day to Day You Will
- Manage engagements, including: ESG and sustainability, Assessment of material ESG risks and opportunities, ESG maturity assessments and gap analyses, including internal audit or review of risk management systems
- Coordinate and direct assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements
- Develop and monitor project plans, plan overall work requirements of an engagement, develop terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks
- Develop well reasoned solutions that recognise the constraints of client’s internal and external environments
- Where possible, identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
- Contribute to the proposal process and on occasion lead proposals teams within the service line
- Coach, develop and support staff within the service line/practice area in the delivery of services to KPMG so that KPMG is able to meet its obligations to clients
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- 6+ years of ESG and sustainability experience
- 3 years + people leadership experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Technical proficiency in chosen practice area
- Thorough knowledge of relevant technical standards and guidelines in practice area
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Access Database (preferable)
- Previous experience delivering ESG, climate change, or other sustainability related services in New Zealand is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in business development, including ability to market self and engage new clients
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.