Management Consultant - Infrastructure, Major Projects Advisory
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The KPMG Consulting practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Consulting.
- KPMG is currently seeking Managers and below levels to join our KPMG Infrastructure national practice that supports central Government, local Government and the private sector on projects and programmes that impact New Zealand’s prosperity. This role is available in Wellington and is offered on a flexible or full-time basis.
Day to day you will:
- Work with the Major Projects Advisory Teams (Directors and Partners) to build out Capital Projects capability.
- Supporting our clients across the capital projects lifecycle from strategy, investment planning, programme development, procurement, project delivery and asset management.
- Support client organisations with implementing leading practices on capital projects such as governance, business case development process, procedures, change management organization, and project controls.
- Assess, review and troubleshoot project management controls for asset intensive projects and programs.
- Have access to leading global insights, tools, practices, and learnings to bring insights to the New Zealand market.
- Be part of a highly collaborative team and will have the opportunity to work on some of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure projects.
- Develop your skills in a learning environment that offers career development, on-job coaching and a significant learning and training program.
What you'll bring to the team:
- A minimum of three years of extensive experience in capital project in asset intensive industries (e.g. transport, health, water, defence, housing etc) is required, along with deep experience with Capital Projects processes.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Accounting, or a related field or other professional certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Large Capital Projects Advisory Management experience is preferred.
- Consulting experience is preferred.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.