Senior Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
KPMG’s Deal Advisory team support clients with high-value strategic and financial decisions, typically in the context of M&A or large-scale capital investment. We bring financial analysis, commercial acumen and market insights to deliver sound investments and fuel New Zealand’s prosperity.
We are a multidisciplinary team that is proud of its collaborative and supportive culture. We encourage our team members to work across a range of projects / Deal Advisory streams as workflows require and learn new skills that provide the foundation of a successful career. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there is no limit to the impact you can make.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Deal Advisory has a longstanding presence in the New Zealand market as a trusted M&A advisor. Globally, KPMG is consistently ranked as #1 or #2 mid-market M&A advisor and therefore has an unrivalled international network that supports the local team during cross-border transactions.
- The Auckland team have a busy pipeline and are seeking a Manager to help lead the day-to-day execution on M&A advisory mandates
- For further information on the KPMG M&A team see the following link https://home.kpmg/nz/en/home/services/advisory/deal-advisory/mergers-acquisitions.html
Day to day you will:
- Support with M&A process management and overall execution on transactions, including interaction with clients, financiers and legal advisors
- Information Memorandum drafting, valuation advice / financial modelling, buyer research and preparation of pitch materials
- Support with business development and deal origination
- Client relationship management
What you will bring to our team
- 4-8 years of corporate finance / investment banking / advisory experience
- Postgraduate studies / CFA / or equivalent well received
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Experience coaching, leading and mentoring junior team members
- Self-starter and proactive working style with an ability to perform in a high pressure / fast-paced business environment
- Collaborative approach with colleagues
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Creative thinker and team player
- Ability to develop a trusted and respected working relationship with clients
- Strong technical skill set, including financial modelling capability
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.