Director Banking Risk
Consulting – Financial Risk Management /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Our Risk Consulting division is an exciting and dynamic environment, where we look to combine our extensive knowledge to offer advisory services to our clients. Assignments are often managed on a multi-disciplinary basis utilising the skills and experience of advisors from more than one team or service area.
- As seen elsewhere in the world, New Zealand is experiencing a significant uplift in focus on risk with increased regulation, focus on conduct, increasing regulatory scrutiny, heightened focus on compliance, risk system implementations, as well as areas such as technology risk, data lineage, risk effectiveness, three lines of defence, process uplift and third party risk;
- This role will have responsibility for leading, and delivering firm-wide strategies to our clients that identify and help to shape our clients' risk positions.
Day to day you will:
- Have a strong working knowledge of the three lines of defence and will be well versed in topical risk management issues;
- Ensure we deliver insights on leading market practices through your understanding of both global and local banking environments ensuring technically excellent work;
- Apply a client service mind-set, business development skills will allow you to add value and build long term relationships with clients, identifying opportunities and pursuing them, developing thought leadership, leading client proposals and developing team capabilities;
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches;
- Bring your strong interpersonal skills will enable you to successfully engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and an ability to bring people together, develop meaningful relationships, and work collaboratively with a team of experts across the KPMG network.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Significant experience in the financial services sector; and ideally have had consulting/professional services experience;
- Excellent leadership skills and strategic thinking/vision;
- Positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience;
- An ability to stand back and take a holistic view and articulate a future vision; and an ability to make sense of complex problems and see a solution. And the skills needed to execute;
- Excellent enterprise risk management skills which might include operational risk, conduct risk, compliance or regulatory skills;
- You will have a deep knowledge of best practice in the three lines of defence, accountability regimes, governance risk best practice, uplift and risk transformation in the banking and finance environment;
- Experience managing a broad range of people, from across service lines both inside and outside of your area of technical expertise;
- You demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to identify and seize opportunities;
- A desire to have fun.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.