Management Consultant - Technical Project Manager
Consulting – Wellington Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Consulting teams partner with leading domestic and international organisations to deliver tangible benefits that impact New Zealand’s prosperity. We draw on KPMG’s broad industry experience across large and small scale transformation, analytics and optimisation, process excellence, and operating model design.
- Our Management Consulting team have opportunities available at Manager/Senior Manager level
- A role as a Management Consultant at KPMG will see you working with our clients to provide technology and consulting services from technology operational model design and implementation, enterprise architecture, technology procurement, technology service design, strategic planning and more.
- You'll work across a breadth of engagements and collaborate with other consultants across the Consulting division.
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for work on large and small IT projects, leading work streams (depending on level of experience), and providing expertise across a wide range of engagements to senior client stakeholders
- Build client relationships across both projects and business development opportunities
- Manage day-to-day operations of projects including managing the workload of team members against client budget requirements
- Assist clients through the supplier selection process through to procurement and contract signature
- Support the development of planned service scope, service levels and establishing the contract and service delivery governance framework for future state operations
- Develop target operating models, sourcing strategies, road maps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformation change programmes
- Work with the leadership team to develop and operationalise divisional and service line strategy
- Use your excellent client service mind-set and business development skills to add value and build long term relationships with clients, identifying opportunities and pursuing them, developing thought leadership, leading client proposals and developing team capabilities
- Be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects across a suite of different clients at once
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches
- Overall, you will just be an exceptional person who wants to join an exceptional team.
What you'll bring to our team:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in Technology Consulting is essential
- Technical background with experience as a project manager in technology consulting / implementation projects is essential
- Ideally, you'll have gained your experience in an enterprise architecture, technology strategy, IT operating model or CIO advisory role
- Experience managing implementation projects (e.g. SAP and Microsoft Dynamics 365) is highly desirable
- Experience in digital health projects is desirable
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developing existing business
- Excellent oral and written communication along with planning, project management, relationship building, networking and influencing skills;
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable you to successfully engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and an ability to bring people together, develop meaningful relationships, integrate services and work collaboratively with a team of experts across the wider consulting teams;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior team members
- A 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.