Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Audit – Financial Services /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Audit division of KPMG is a significant supplier of audit services to clients and audits many of New Zealand’s top companies, financial institutions and leading privately held entities. Our auditors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors and a fresh approach to their work which includes an enhanced audit methodology that complies with International Auditing Standards.
- Our Financial Services audit team work with some of the largest financial services providers in New Zealand including Banks, Insurance Companies, and Funds/KiwiSaver providers. They provide perspective on whether our clients' accounts are true and fair, providing comfort to all the New Zealanders who rely on them as stewards of their personal wealth.
- Working in Audit allows you to get straight to the heart of business issues, plus you get the chance to offer proactive advice tailored to each individual business and build strong client relationships along the way.
Day to day you will:
- Depending upon the client, this role may have complete management responsibility reporting directly to the partner, or you will assist more senior managers in the performance of audit assignments as an in-charge. The work may involve complex technical issues e.g., statutory audits, internal audits, investigation and acquisition reports of an audit nature, limited reviews, proposals and special reports, and other accounting services.
- This role will also:
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager/Partner review
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Management of client deliverables, including attendance at meetings
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Perform higher risk and non-routine audit functions
- Day to day management of junior team members
- Ensure effective use and application of KPMG Audit Manual/Methodology, auditing standards, and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
What you'll bring to our team:
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or relevant overseas professional body
- 3+ years of relevant practical audit experience in an Audit Firm
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Technically proficient across audit and audit related services
- Experience in the supervision of more junior staff is ideal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.