Management Consultant - Network Modelling
Consulting – Management Consulting /
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Consulting teams partner with leading domestic and international organisations to deliver tangible benefits that impact New Zealand’s prosperity. We draw on KPMG’s broad industry experience across large and small scale transformation, analytics and optimisation, process excellence, and operating model design.
- We're seeking a network modelling specialist to develop supply chain network models for our clients, providing recommendations that will lead to enhanced efficiencies, capacity, cost savings and contribute to long-term strategic initiatives.
- You’ll collaborate with professionals from across the wider Consulting team, gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm, whilst working in a fast paced and energetic environment.
Day to Day you will:
- Design, test, and deploy optimisation models to understand the key outputs and provide insights
- Prepare data visualizations to tell a story for key decision makers
- Develop solutions and recommendations in line with client objectives
- Communicate complex concepts and ideas in clear and articulate way
- Contribute to the successful delivery of KPMG services, undertake business development such as proposal writing and contributing to the development of KPMG's services through knowledge management and methodology design
What you'll bring to our team:
- Previous experience in Supply Chain optimisation and modeling, ideally gained in a consulting environment but open to other backgrounds
- Experience using supply chain design & optimisation systems (e.g. Llamasoft, JDA)
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in visualisation SQL, Python, or R knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication along with planning, project management, relationship building, networking and influencing skills
- An analytical and innovative approach to solving problems
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.