Senior Advisor/Assistant Manager - Internal Audit
Consulting – Governance, Risk and Compliance Services /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, not-for-profit organisations, multi-nationals and government agencies.
Our people experience is anchored in a clearly articulated purpose of ‘Fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity’ and our contribution to the shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders. In order to deliver this, we must attract, develop and retain the very best people and create a workplace environment in which everyone is able to flourish. We are proud of our reputation for values-driven behaviour that guide our actions and defines what it means to work at and be part of KPMG. We believe in Integrity – We do what is right; Excellence – We never stop learning and improving; Courage – We think and act boldly; Together – We respect each other and draw strength from our differences; and For Better – We do what matters.
The Consulting division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services to clients. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service, which adds recognized value. Advisory is an exciting and challenging environment, which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer management consulting, risk consulting and transactions and restructuring services to our clients.
Assignments are often managed on a multi-disciplinary basis utilising the skills and experience of advisors from more than one team or service area. There is an expectation that individuals are able to work outside their service area and across the wider Advisory division should the need arise.
- This role is part of our Risk Consulting team and is responsible to the engagement manager, or delegate, for delivering high quality work on engagements to meet client’s needs.
- The focus will primarily on the delivery of internal audit, while also demonstrating flexibility in working on other consulting projects as required.
Day to day you will:
- Plan overall work requirements of an engagement
- Develop an understanding of clients businesses (e.g. issues they face, markets they operate in, key developments)
- Produce clear and well-presented documents and reports that will be delivered to clients as part of our work
- Develop well-reasoned solutions that recognise the constraints of client’s internal and external environments
- This is a client facing role and you will be expected to meet clients and work collaboratively with them to deliver our services
- You'll also help manage a portfolio of tasks concurrently and work well under pressure to tight deadlines
What you'll bring to our team:
- At least 4 years of relevant practical consulting or experience in a risk associated role, with a strong understanding of governance, risk and controls
- Have an ability to think strategically
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and have the confidence to solve problems and to fill gaps in knowledge by questioning, collaborating with others and researching technical and contractual documentation
- Have a logical approach to planning and performing analysis tasks
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality work
- Be a highly motivated team player with strong communication skills including exceptional report writing
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2022 to the 16th January 2023 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in February 2023.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.