Management Consultant - Pricing Specialist
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
The Advisory division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services across the Wellington and Auckland regions. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value.
Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer client a variety of service lines. Assignments are often managed on a multi-disciplinary basis using the skills and experience of advisors and auditors from more than one service.
- Your new role in Management Consulting at KPMG will include working across a range of clients to drive profitable growth.
- You will be working with a team of experienced consultants that specialise in developing customer strategies, designing new experiences and products and improving the effectiveness of pricing and sales functions.
- You will have strong experience assisting businesses to improve the effectiveness of their pricing, either as a consultant or as a pricing specialist within a large corporate.
- This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to leverage your current expertise and industry knowledge, as well as to broaden your experience by working with a diverse group of consultants and clients.
Day to day you will:
- Your experience would ideally come from working within/with large corporate clients, including telecommunications, utilities, energy or consumer goods.
- If coming from a corporate then you will likely have worked within a Pricing Team and supported the wider business.
- In addition, you will have delivered projects that use pricing strategically to deliver long-term value, designed and/or implemented improvements in pricing policies and governance, or implemented pricing software (e.g. CPQ software) and new processes related to pricing.
- Delivering projects on time and to budget is an important requirement of a consultant, and a strong candidate will be able to demonstrate experience coordinating and directing assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements.
- This includes developing and monitoring project plans, planning the overall work requirements of an engagement, developing terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks
- You will use your pricing expertise to contribute to the development and marketing of new products and services.
- You'll also contribute to the successful delivery of KPMG services, undertake business development such as proposal writing and contributing to the development of KPMG's services through knowledge management and methodology design
What you'll bring to our team:
- 5+ years of relevant practical consulting experience either in a consultancy or in-house consultant role
- Driven and enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
- Excellent problem solving and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability in business development or advisory
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the project team
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, client-facing team
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.