Business Intelligence Developer
Lighthouse – Lighthouse
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG Lighthouse provides specialised data and analytics talent and data-driven solutions that help our clients achieve rapid results. KPMG Lighthouse works with large data sets and leverages deep domain expertise in data engineering, data science, advanced visualisation, artificial intelligence and robotics to help us better serve our clients.
KPMG Lighthouse is paving the way for Data and Analytics consulting. We co-collaborate and we embed ourselves amongst our clients’ world.
- We're looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our growing Data and Analytics practice, where the primary focus is to conceptualize, design, and produce visually compelling business intelligence (BI) reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, interfaces, etc.) using reporting tools, applications, and queries or scripts through the use of reporting and visualization techniques.
- To be successful in this role, you'll need to be able to:
- Build and maintain dimensional data models to support Business Intelligence reporting
- Create visualizations and reports that tell a clear and compelling story; where you will be comfortable communicating your findings to key stakeholders
- Design and implement management dashboards
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Integrate data workflows from different sources using ETL processes
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Keep up with new trends in the industry and with the latest technologies for data manipulation
- Qualification in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- 4+ years hands on experience, in a consulting role preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience with SQL and Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or React
- Coding experience in Java and/or Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work with cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.