KPMG Managed Services – Managed Services /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Managed Services is focused on deploying rapidly-evolving solutions that incorporate a combination of our expertise, data, tools and technology to deliver outcome based ongoing services for our clients – integrated into their daily operations. The team is responsible for providing and operating IP centric technology-based solutions that solve unique industry problems.
- We are looking for a Lead Developer to join our Managed Services team and lead and mentor a team of Developers.
Day to day you will:
- Provide technical leadership in addition to being hands-on.
- Mentor, coach, and guide colleagues through constant learning to improve their skills.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
- Help the team make technical decisions.
- Aid in the development of roadmaps and participate in the standards process for solutions.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule attainment, product development, process adherence, performance and budget targets are met.
- Provide input for all development aspects within the development lifecycle from design through to the support and enhancement of applications once they are in production.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience working in full-stack software engineering ideally in in Java, .NET (C# preferred), Spring, Python or Groovy.
- Experience as a team leader, mentoring and coaching colleagues.
- Strong problem-solving and communications skills.
- The ability to establish a clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- A Knowledge of code quality controls and security.
- Experience working with database systems – NoSQL, Snowflake, SQL.
- Experience working with Rest APIs.
- An understanding of Agile Methodology, DevOps, Git (GitHub), CI/CD pipelines
- A good understanding of microservice architecture and design patterns.
- An understanding of public cloud engineering technologies primarily Azure & AWS.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes platforms such as OpenShift, Anthos, GKE.
- Expertise in build systems like Jenkins, Salt, Docker.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.