Corporate Services – IT /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
Our people experience is anchored in a clearly articulated purpose of ‘Fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity’ and our contribution to the shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders. In order to deliver this, we must attract, develop and retain the very best people and create a workplace environment in which everyone is able to flourish. We are proud of our reputation for values-driven behaviour that guide our actions and defines what it means to work at and be part of KPMG. We believe in Integrity – We do what is right; Excellence – We never stop learning and improving; Courage – We think and act boldly; Together – We respect each other and draw strength from our differences; and For Better – We do what matters.
The KPMG IT Group consists of Application Services, Infrastructure Services, Security Operations, and the Service Desk. The IT Group is dedicated to helping build the future at KPMG through the innovative use of technology.
- The role of Systems Engineer is responsible for managing various disciplines across KPMG, ensuring that systems meet high standards of security, performance, and reliability. They are responsible for implementation, configuration and ongoing management of infrastructure systems, the backup and availability of these systems, storage systems (SAN), application delivery and patching of these systems, safeguarding server and desktop estate to comply with global compliance levels.
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for the design, secure build, and ongoing maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Recommend process and architecture improvements and ensure construct meets company security policies and best practice in security.
- Deploy server and workstation patch releases in line with IPG compliance metrics.
- Manage Application delivery mechanisms for new applications, software version control, patching of systems.
- Manage Intune Mobile device management for Android, iOS and machine configuration and compliance.
- Storage subsystem management, locan and SAN.
- Maintain virtual hosting environment and underlying virtual machines and infrastructure.
- Manage backup and recovery, and disaster recovery solutions for the firm and any subsidiary required.
- Experience migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud and debug cloud stacks.
- Contribute to the success of Operational IPCA controls.
- Provide leadership and act as an escalation point for DaaS program.
- Provide design input for build and deployment through CI/CD and look to improve existing processes through automation.
- Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for KPMG.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5+ years hands on experience with vSphere, MS server, SAN technologies.
- MS AD and GPO intermediate to advanced experience.
- MECM skills and experience migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud is preferred.
- MS certification and/or tertiary/university education is preferred.
- A passion for technology and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level in firewalling, VPN, security edge services.
- Cloud security elements, Sentinel, NSGs, FW.
- Windows server OS and VMWare suite knowledge is preferred.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications or similar.
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.