Senior Analyst to Senior Manager
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG’s Deal Advisory practice is a significant supplier of financial advice, across its lines of business - Mergers & Acquisitions, Valuations, Infrastructure & Projects, Restructuring, Transaction Services and Debt Advisory Services. Our analysts combine commercial acumen with extensive knowledge of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Deal Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment to develop yourself as an investment professional.
- Our Wellington Deal Advisory team is looking for exceptional candidates at Senior Analyst to Senior Manager level, with approximately 3-8 years working experience in the private sector or a government agency. We are a team of diverse skillsets and backgrounds who enjoy working together on challenging engagements for our commercial and government clients. We are proud of our collaborative and supportive culture.
- Supporting a public agency or private sector client procure a large infrastructure project.
- Developing the strategic rationale and commercial and delivery model for a new investment.
- Financial planning to support a transaction or Budget bid.
- Providing strategic advice to a private sector client in a disrupted industry.
- Assisting government with the implementation of a sector reform programme.
- While our team has a commercial focus, we are especially interested in hearing from candidates with a government and policy background who have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
As a member of the team, you might be involved in:
Day to day you will:
- Contribute to the delivery of engagements as part of a high performing project team
- Apply your analytical skills to a range strategic, commercial and investment decisions for public and private sector clients
- Produce high quality advice in a clear and impactful way
- Assist the team in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
What you'll bring to our team:
- A passion for developing solutions to challenging strategic, commercial and financial issues across a range of sectors.
- Experience working in an analytical role in a policy, economic or consulting environment
- Dedication to supporting a collaborative and positive team culture
- Understanding how the New Zealand public sector works, particularly in policy and business case development
- Comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, including communicating solutions to complex issues in a simple and accessible way
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.