Lighthouse – Lighthouse /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
KPMG Lighthouse is a centre of excellence (CoE) for data and analytics advisory and consulting services across New Zealand. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of data and analytics, and a wide variety of businesses and sectors, to provide clients with a service, which adds recognised value. KPMG Lighthouse provides an exciting and challenging environment, which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer clients a variety of data and analytics related services. Assignments are often managed on a multi-disciplinary basis using the skills and experience of advisors from more than one service line.
- KPMG Lighthouse provides specialised data and analytics talent and data-driven solutions that help our clients achieve rapid results. Lighthouse works with large data sets and leverages deep domain expertise in data engineering, data science, advanced visualisation, artificial intelligence and robotics to help us better serve our clients.
- The Data Engineer will support the wider Lighthouse team on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Day to day you will:
- Design, build and maintenance of data pipelines, data models, advanced analytical models, and data-driven solutions on cloud-based platforms, particularly Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Apply scripting language for ETL (extract, transform, load) processes on structured and non-structured databases
- Integrate large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build and deploy advanced analytical models, such as predictive models, segmentation, machine learning and forecasting models
- Coordinate and direct assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
- Contribute to account management to develop awareness of the client organisation, client’s requirements and the services we can deliver
- Ensure effective use and application of core KPMG methodologies for which training will be provided on a regular basis
What you'll bring to our team:
- Qualification in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud)
- 3+ years hands on experience, in a consulting role preferred
- Familiarity with and visualisation tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SAS, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Prior experience preparing data for analysis, building predictive models on large scale platforms, and helping to drive innovation into the modeling process/offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work with cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- A high level of self motivation, energy and drive
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.