Manager / Senior Manager - Transaction Services
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, not-for-profit organisations, multi-nationals and government agencies. Our people experience is anchored in a clearly articulated purpose of ‘Fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity’ and our contribution to the shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders
KPMG’s Deal Advisory practice is a significant supplier of financial advice, across its lines of business - Mergers & Acquisitions, Valuations, Infrastructure & Projects, Restructuring, Transaction Services and Debt Advisory Services. Our team combine commercial acumen with extensive knowledge of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Deal Advisory provides an exciting and collaborative environment to develop yourself as an investment professional.
- We're looking for a Manager or Senior Manager in our Transactions team where you will get exposure to some of New Zealand’s highest profile transactions, and a wide variety of work, including exposure to other disciplines across our Deal Advisory division.
- This role also contributes to the growth of the business through the identification of new business opportunities, building networks and relationships, and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole.
Day to day you will:
- Manage client projects, with direct client and target interaction
- Advise clients on complex strategic, commercial and investment choices
- Analyse problems, identify core issues, investigate and formulate solutions, ensuring advice to clients is technically sound and aligned with clients’ needs
- Build strong, trusted relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements
- Be a great team player, and take pride in providing first class solutions to clients as well as developing those around you
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
What you'll bring to our team:
- Prior work experience, with transaction diligence or M&A transactions experience preferred
- Chartered accountant or similar level finance/business related qualification
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, including communicating solutions to complex issues in a simple and accessible way
- A passion for developing commercial solutions for complex economic, social and business objectives.
- Previous experience and a proven track record in the overall management of staff, both as a team and in terms of their technical work
- Collaborative approach to achieving goals
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.