Cloud Consultant - Management Consulting
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The KPMG Consulting practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Consulting.
- This role is an exciting opportunity to work within a Big Four consulting firm working alongside a team to provide cloud expertise for key projects to define cloud policies, design and implement architecture solutions and migrations around cloud, including technology roadmaps around cloud strategy.
Day to day you will:
- Develop cloud architecture and cloud practices for clients, creating solutions that align with their business' goals.
- Provide cloud consulting and advice to key project stakeholders to ensure alignment to cloud strategy, architectures, and utilisation of standardised services and adoption.
- Review and/or provide quality assurance guidance for comprehensive technical reports defining and describing the cloud architecture and relative methodologies and activities required for its maintenance and support.
- Lead workshops that identify cloud trends and problems within customer environments.
- Drive customer cloud strategy and vision, and define roadmaps which align to customers' strategy and vision.
- Review and/or provide guidance for security around cloud-based solutions.
- Review and/or provide guidance for cloud sourcing and vendor management.
- Periodically review client products and services to identify improvements and contribute to the future enhancement road map.
- Provide input and assistance with the preparation of Business Development (BD) artifacts for proposed client solutions and services around cloud services associated, i.e. cloud strategy, architecture and offerings, network / infrastructure, and security.
What you'll bring to the team:
- The ability to operate both independently and within a team to drive the delivery of cloud architecture projects and programs of work.
- A technical background architecting across end user compute, cloud network & security, broad infrastructure / technology such as applications, database, networking, OS and DR/backup.
- Experience in providing guidance regarding cloud architecture, high-risk contract negotiations, risk identification, mitigation and solution strategies.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions architecture, business and systems requirements, and cloud technical design and analysis in a complex and maturing technical environments.
- Experience with cloud architectural frameworks in a multi-sourced and/or federated operating environment and be up to date with the latest enterprise level technologies.
- TOGAF and Cloud Certification (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google, etc) preferred.
- Previous experience in Consulting firm is preferred.
- Maori cultural competency
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.