Analyst/Senior Analyst - Integration & Separation
Auckland or Wellington /
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
KPMG’s Deal Advisory team support clients with high-value strategic and financial decisions, typically in the context of M&A or large-scale capital investment. We bring financial analysis, commercial acumen and market insights to deliver sound investments and fuel New Zealand’s prosperity.
We are a multidisciplinary team that is proud of its collaborative and supportive culture. We encourage our team members to work across a range of projects / Deal Advisory streams as workflows require and learn new skills that provide the foundation of a successful career. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there is no limit to the impact you can make.
- We are looking for candidates at Analyst to Senior Analyst level, with a relevant tertiary qualification and 2 + years working experience, with a passion for the fast pace and excitement of the M&A environment. You are likely to have some prior experience in Strategic Transformation projects from a Consulting or Corporate environment and will have a desire to build your skills and experience to become a specialist in this space. We are looking for people with the passion and commitment to develop and evolve into senior trusted advisors to our clients.
- KMPG will provide support towards any applicable professional qualifications (e.g. CFA / CA).
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for delivering high-quality work on corporate transformation engagements.
- Work on a wide and varying range of services. It is likely that you will work across Integration & Separation and other deal advisory disciplines (e.g. Corporate Finance, Transaction Services) depending on your specific skills and our client demands.
- Pre-deal strategic reviews and options assessment.
- Plan or evaluate large scale investment/divestment opportunities.
- Transaction due diligence.
- Pre- and Post-deal separation and integration planning and implementation.
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least 2 years of relevant transaction or business transformation experience from a recognised consulting firm or major corporate.
- Technical skills in the following relevant areas would be a plus but not essential: business transformation, project management office support, synergy identification and assessment, post-merger integration or carve out support or separation planning and execution support.
- Collaborative, positive and team-focused.
- Strong people interaction & communication skills, presentation and business writing development ability.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- A passion to develop your career as a specialist M&A advisor.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu jabs, subsidised sporting events, access to EAP, additional leave to support you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, access to e-bikes and other facilities. You will also have access to our Wellbeing@KPMG portal which has an extensive array of health and wellness advice.
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Corporate discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
— Time off for volunteering.
— Eligibility to our annual bonus plan.
— Opportunities for local and international secondments.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.