Corporate Services – IT /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, not-for-profit organisations, multi-nationals and government agencies.
Our people experience is anchored in a clearly articulated purpose of ‘Fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity’ and our contribution to the shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders. In order to deliver this, we must attract, develop and retain the very best people and create a workplace environment in which everyone is able to flourish. We are proud of our reputation for values-driven behaviour that guide our actions and defines what it means to work at and be part of KPMG. We believe in Integrity – We do what is right; Excellence – We never stop learning and improving; Courage – We think and act boldly; Together – We respect each other and draw strength from our differences; and For Better – We do what matters.
This role sits within the National Information Security Office (NITSO) under IT Group which focuses on improving information security, privacy, and data management across KPMG.
The KPMG IT Group delivers and supports information systems to help build the future at KPMG through the innovative use of technology
- As the Security Analyst, you will monitor and manage security solutions, provide incident response, and work proactively in identifying and mitigating any risk or threat to our systems and information. It also expected that you conduct security risk assessments, develop, and implement security processes and procedures as well as provide monitoring and oversight for security alerts in our environment. Monitoring and managing security solutions and managing compliance with global standards and security policies are also covered in this role.
Day to day you will:
- Manage information security incidents, monitor of security logs/events, and maintain BAU security processes.
- Develop and implement procedures that support security operations.
- Ensure data governance is compliant with the required standards and policies.
- Understand and determine missing components to ensure effective, sustainable, and maintainable reporting and analysis.
- Assist with the review and capture of Internal Audit evidence for key control objectives.
- Review and implement configuration as per KPMG global standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Assess new technology and provide assurance recommendations within the project management lifecycle.
- Perform risk assessments, vulnerability assessments and manage remediation plans with wider IT services team.
- Prepare security metrics reports for monthly reporting.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
What you'll bring to our team:
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A bachelor's or associate degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- Security certifications, such as CEH, CySa, Security+, Microsoft SC-xxx series or other will be advantageous.
- Experience with security management of cloud platforms and services such as O365, MS Azure and AWS.
- Experience with EDRs and Next Generation security solutions such as MS Defender or CrowdStrike.
- Familiar with security standards such as ISO 27001, NIST, NZISM, OWASP.
- Understanding of DevSecOps practices.
- 2 years’ experience in a technical or security role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.