Senior Accountant - Compliance
Private Enterprise – DDX /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Join our DDX team - KPMG's Data and Delivery Excellence Centre for compliance work for our Private Enterprise division. We have unified and standardised centre for compliance work - our aim is to increase our capacity and deliver exceptional results to our clients. Our DDX team are experts in their fields, working to improve the value and impact of compliance work through standardising technology and exploring data analytics and new technology.
- As an Senior Accountant, you will have the opportunity to 'own' the delivery of your work and contribute to the resolution of complex compliance accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Join our national specialist team, where you will gain exposure to a broad client base and be provided with accelerated learning and development opportunities!
Day to day you will:
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity
- Assisting with data gathering and knowledge transfer
- Deliver quality technical compliance work, and support the development of others within the team in the delivery of this work
- Formulate solutions to client problems and issues
- Contribute to the high performance of the team by suggesting innovations (technical & process) to enhance the delivery & value of technical compliance work
- Support leadership team in building high performing team culture and mind set within the DDX
What you'll bring to our team:
- 4+ years of relevant professional accounting compliance experience
- Ideally working towards CAANZ or CPA membership, or membership of a relevant overseas professional body
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and accounting systems
- Experienced with mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional approach to work and a strong client focus
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
If you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Davies on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.