Rust Engineer, Desktop GUI - Cryptowatch
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken's professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform which people rely on all over the world. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new directions. There's rarely a boring day in crypto, and we're looking for people who want to be part of this exciting ecosystem!
- Develop features for our native desktop application
- Build efficient GUIs using Rust and iced (https://github.com/hecrj/iced)
- Integrate with existing back end systems
- Maintain a well organized codebase
- Write code that works across current versions of Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Think through edge cases and unexpected user interactions to develop a robust UX
- Structure application code to optimize for both CPU and memory performance
- Collaborate with backend engineers to implement backend requirements for new interfaces
- Expertise using Rust for substantial projects
- Experience working with both REST and websocket APIs
- Ability to independently navigate a large codebase to find logic and debug problems
- Ability to collaborate with remote employees (developers and designers)
- Understand functional programming concepts like immutability, opaque types, iterators, the Elm Architecture, pure functions, etc.
A strong candidate will also
- Have experience shipping native desktop applications
- Have experience with native platform APIs (windowing, notifications, menus) for multiple operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Be familiar with graphics pipelines and GPUs
- Have experience profiling and optimizing Rust code
- Have an eye for visual balance and harmony
- Have experience with protocol buffers
- Have experience with Elm
- Be obsessed with writing fast software
- Understand trading and market microstructure
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us