Senior Rust Engineer - Banking
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
As a Senior Banking Engineer you will be working on building out a new banking and payments platform from the ground up using Rust. You’ll be engaged in prototyping new services in Rust with the goal of taking these services to production over the next 6 - 12 months. We are looking for self-driven, well-organized engineers that are comfortable having technical and non-technical discussions. As part of a newly formed team there will be opportunity to take ownership of new services and problems.
- Design and implement of microservices in Rust connecting to financial systems and payment networks
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code. Be ready to talk about what this means to you
- Analyze requirements, vendor APIs, and translate into application designs
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Communicate with non-technical team members of project status
- In a remote work environment
- With high-precision financial computing
- Writing networked code in Rust
- Writing asynchronous code in Rust
- Docker, or comparable container technologies
- Experience working in banking and payments
Nice to have
- Experience with GraphQL or gRPC
- Understanding or payment schemes like wire, ACH, SEPA, etc...
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration tools
- Open source contributions in any language
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know