Director of Editorial Content
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About The Role
Kraken is seeking a Director of Editorial Content who combines the passion for writing and content creation with an ambitious long term vision for the brand. Setting the editorial agenda and translating it into a strategic roadmap by leveraging content as a growth driver, you will know the power of a story and how to use this to engage a targeted audience. As thought leaders & innovators for the crypto industry, we have great stories to tell and as the Director of Editorial Content, you will know how to partner with the wider organisation to achieve the greatest impact with that content and how to measure its success.
- Lead the development and execution of a Kraken’s content strategy to ensure we are telling the right stories, in the right formats, at the right time, across the right channels, including our website, newsletters, blog campaigns, short videos, and more.
- Craft our brands’ tone of voice across multiple formats, creating deeper relevance to Kraken’s audience as well as internal stakeholders.
- Build comprehensive, high-performing content pillars that circle Kraken’s product features, token listings, staking and other key elements.
- Successfully build and manage a team of editorial content professionals. Set clear objectives & milestones that align with the wider company’s strategy.
- Work closely with internal partners to shepherd projects from concept through launch and achieve the highest quality output.
- Drive decisions and results based on data - be at the forefront of our global expansion.
- Develop and maintain a communications style guide and other communications guidelines in alignment with Kraken’s values & mission.
- Increase our understanding of how customers use our content and how we can make it more valuable for them.
- 10+ years experience in Editorial Content roles within fast paced competitive environments.
- Experience in building strategic roadmaps for large, remote teams within a complex, high growth environment.
- Have a writer's mindset, eye for the detail, and able to provide an objective feedback.
- Strong understanding of organic SEO.
- Strong experience working in competitive industries for high growth companies - Travel, Fintech, Foodtech, Crypto, Gaming.
- Good understanding of crypto industry.
- Extensive knowledge in social marketing tools.
- Previous experience scaling Editorial teams to 15+ from the ground up.
- You have led sophisticated, matrixed teams that are distributed globally.
#LI-MR2 #LI-Remote #EU #US #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know