Engineering Manager - Design Systems
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead a squad of engineers chartered with developing Kraken’s next-generation Design System that will power our Mobile and Web platforms. You will be partnering closely with design to translate a design language into tangible code that empowers engineers to ship beautiful industry-leading UI faster and with greater confidence. This role will require an individual who is comfortable being a player-coach — capable of both crafting a strong technical vision and strategy as well as providing day-to-day coaching and career guidance to your reports. In addition to the UI libraries, you will be responsible for developing the tooling, processes, and automation infrastructure that enables a high bar for quality and reliability. Finally, you will influence and execute a strategy to drive adoption of the Design System across the entire engineering org through close collaboration with Product, Design and Engineering leaders.
- 6+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience planning Software Engineers' careers, coaching them to promotion
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience hiring talented engineers, you have a clear understanding of what it takes to be an excellent Software Engineer
- Clear passion for software engineering, design, and Crypto
- 8+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- 4+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams within a large technology organization or from the ground up at a fast growing startup
- Proven track record partnering with Design & Product stakeholders, preferably on Design Systems
- Experience working with design systems and/or UI libraries at scale
- Familiarity with accessibility principles and inclusive design best practices
- Understands the importance of aligning code to design and the impact it has on quality assurance
- Has had success in independently driving adoption of innovations across large organizations
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React (or React Native)
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-LM1 #CANADA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know