Senior Software Engineer, Python -Cryptowatch
Engineering – Backend /
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
This is a fully remote role.
Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. This is an opportunity for an engineer who is passionate about writing fast, efficient software in Python to join the backend development team. On this team the backend engineering team build new functionality for our clients.
What you will do:
- Build out the Python backend that deals with historical trading data, reconciliation, performance and more (known as “Portfolio”)
- Work closely with frontend developers to design APIs that make sense
- Help write good documentation to ensure the least amount of friction for client developers
- You are passionate about writing fast, efficient software in Python
- You are comfortable in PostgreSQL
- You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and write code with maintainability in mind
- You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them
- You are a team player who values pragmatism, transparency, communication and can take feedback
- You are good at async communication and understand the nuances of remote collaboration
- Know the basics of trading, accounting and tax gain/loss computation and relief methodologies
- Know how to optimise for large data sets
- Be familiar with GraphQL, Kubernetes and Django
- Care about Developer Experience
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know