Platform Accounting Manager
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role:
The Finance team at Kraken is a group of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial controls and reporting functions for executive decision making, compliance, and audit readiness. Our work contributes directly to Kraken’s success. The newly created Platform Data Analytics and Accounting office within the Finance organization will define our financial data requirements, systems, and processes across all Kraken products, services, geographies, and legal entities.
As Kraken continues to expand the scope of services offered to our clients, the complexity of the exchange and the platform accounting function continues to evolve. We are seeking a Platform Accounting Manager to partner with the existing Platform Accounting Manager to oversee all accounting and reporting activities related to the exchange platform, and develop sound accounting processes. You will work closely with the leaders within Finance and other teams to plan, implement, improve, automate, test, and ensure the Platform Accounting team produces insightful data for management, improves the quality of our financial statements, and boosts our audit readiness.
What you'll do:
- Join an elite Platform Accounting team to drive improvements and automation for all internal processes
- Refine the current processes, automate, strengthen controls for major and minor activities going through the exchange
- Establish an exceptional Reconciliation team with strong internal controls to ensure all funding and trading transactions are accounted for and reconciled.
- Contribute to the improvement of the real-time reconciliation tool and maintain informative dashboards
- Work with the Accounting team to prioritize projects and audit readiness tasks
- Collaborate with the Data team to identify data and reporting needs for existing and new processes
- Draft process documentations and policies related to platform accounting processes
- Provide business requirements for new products and services (e.g. DeFi, new services, assets, geographies, or legal entities)
- Provides specifications and mock-up reports to improve data completeness, usefulness and accuracy
- Oversee the accounting for the OTC activities
- Communicate progress and challenges with management in a timeline manner and proactively suggest creative solutions and paths forward
- Liaise with external auditors for platform accounting matters
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems; CPA in good standing status is required;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in an accounting manager role in the financial exchanges, financial services or fintech industries; or Big 4 advisory experience in audit readiness for similar industries
- Experience using SQL to set up queries in a data warehouse.
- Strong passion for cryptocurrency, blockchain technology and DeFi.
- Familiarity with the controls testing and other audit methodology
- Ability to translate finance operational needs into technical data requirements
- Expertise in leading or managing teams and change initiatives
- Superior critical thinking, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics and influence others
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all functions and levels of management while managing competing priorities
- Experience in global organizations is preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: