VP of Global Client Engagement
Client Services /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Our mission is about adoption, however crypto isn’t simple for most people (yet). It’s critical that we provide an outstanding support experience to our clients in order to accomplish our mission. We see our support offering as a key differentiator, and we expect this role to significantly grow our advantage. We are seeking an experienced client engagement leader to oversee and advance Kraken’s global, multi-channel, industry leading client engagement team. We want a veteran leader, experienced in scaling a global support team with a proven track record of forging strong teams that deliver great service. We are looking for someone passionate about the crypto-currency revolution and aspires to help us achieve our mission through advancing Kraken’s client service. The Vice President of Client Engagement will lead our team which provides support for Kraken’s entire portfolio of products via multiple support channels.
- Oversee Kraken’s client engagement team in delivering outstanding service
- Strategically manage cross-functional relationships with leaders throughout Kraken (Product, Engineering, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, etc) to implement changes that advance the client experience and influences major short term and long term project rollouts
- Listen to Kraken Clients and drive data driven changes furthering the client experience
- Reevaluate all support processes aiming to improve client experience and increase efficiency
- Passionate about cryptocurrencies and motivated to accelerate global crypto adoption
- 15+ years of total experience
- Has overseen teams of 1000+
- 3+ years running a client facing function of a consumer technology organization
- Experience at a company with a strong focus on privacy and security
- Experience in a high risk field including payments, gambling, virtual goods, or some areas of financial services
- Experience working with extreme range of clients from first time crypto purchaser buying $20 worth of bitcoin to very top end B2B or institutional clients
- Experience overseeing a diverse 24/7 global remote workforce
- Has worked at a company that prides itself on high quality support
- A track record of growing a world-class organization through talent acquisition and retention, characterized by excellent service and strong team culture
- Experience building a global multi-channel support strategy for a consumer technology product that operates at scale
- Capable of focusing on the big picture while understanding how each support process directly contributes to or detracts from the overall client experience
- Ability to understand the client’s wants and turn insights into actions that improve the quality of service delivered
- Ability to build and manage executive relationships in order to influence/drive change in a large organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to demand focus on the client experience from colleagues in a constructive manner
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Passionate about the client experience and pushing boundaries to deliver amazing service
- Must be tech savvy
Nice to have
- Experience in crypto industry or financial services, especially dealing with payments
- Knowledge of global and country-specific anti-money laundering regimes
- Knowledge of fraud prevention and mitigation
- Knowledge of or personal interest in traditional or crypto financial markets Interest in or experience with software development
- Able to fulfill role of internal tools product manager
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us