Product Marketing Manager - Mobile
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
Please note: Hiring for this role has been placed 'on hold'. At the moment, we are simply retaining information from all applicants.
This role is San Francisco based.
We are looking for a solution-oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter to fill a role as Product Marketing Manager – Kraken Mobile. This role will be responsible for leading product marketing efforts in our growing Kraken Mobile studio as we build the next generation of crypto trading and services apps.
The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, follows an efficient process, is technically adept and has an innovative mindset with a proven track record of achievement. Oh and a deep passion for crypto!
Responsibilities include the development of product requirements, project dependencies and supporting materials in partnership with creative designers, content producers, developers, and the marketing team. The product marketing manager provides day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely build and delivery of projects which meet established feature, usability, content and quality requirements.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
Great benefits, amazing perks, remote work and travel opportunities, stock incentives, beautiful HQ office, and a flexible PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work. If you value having a seat at the table and want to make a big impact on guiding the direction of product development at one of the top crypto exchanges in the world, this role is for you.
- Contribute key insights to the product strategy and road map for Kraken’s suite of mobile apps
- Perform research to gain market insights across the industry
- Develop a marketing plan to grow the usage and profitability of our suite of mobile apps
- Work closely with customers and key stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to engage investors and traders
- Influence the user experience and design of products and marketing campaigns
- Manage engagement with customers, internal and external parties
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Actively prioritize product backlog , pre-planning, prioritization and user story mapping sessions
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- 2-4 years of product marketing management experience owning a consumer-facing mobile product
- Proven experience with driving mobile growth, in a tough competitive environment
- Experience developing robust go-to-market planning for app launches and assorted marketing campaigns across multiple channels to support ongoing releases
- App store optimization experience
- Managing app store build and distribution process
- Experience with driving organic growth and engagement through referrals, re-engagement notifications and other means
- Exceptional communication, presentation skills, and technical writing skills with a proven ability to write clear and concise user stories and requirements
- Experience with content management systems and workflows (i.e. Drupal)
- Strong grasp of information architecture, workflows and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with Designers, Developers, Marketing Managers, and other Product Managers in an Agile organization
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Wrike)
- Strong passion for Bitcoin, and the cryptocurrency movement with a desire to make the best trading platform in the world
- Content Marketing experience a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: