Senior FP&A Analyst
Accounting and Finance /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
The Senior FP&A Analyst role will support all of Kraken's reporting needs by generating sophisticated financial and data-driven models. You are an ambitious individual who is excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems in this dynamic space. You are able to make well-informed recommendations based on data and analysis. You can communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise and actionable reports. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn everything cryptocurrency are a requirement for this role.
- Identify any coding or mapping errors through reviewing the opex reports, and partner with Accounting to correct departments and align costs to the right Opex line items
- Build and maintain annual budget models and ongoing quarterly forecasts in collaboration with all the functions across Kraken
- Prepare and distribute management reporting as well as monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual reports and analyze variances with function heads
- Perform data analytics such as Revenue by Product, Region, and Business Line as well as trend analysis (MoM, QoQ and YoY) on Revenue and Opex categories
- Assist the Strategic Finance team in preparing monthly executive financial updates, Board of Directors’ presentations, KPI reporting, and investor updates
- Support the Business Operations & Strategy and Corporate Development teams with ad-hoc reporting and data analysis to drive key strategic decisions on new and ongoing initiatives
- Leverage existing databases maintained by Platform Accounting team to create advanced reports / data visualization using BI tools to help better reflect Kraken’s performance
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of the FP&A team by creating best-in-class tools, processes and reports that lead to automation of manual and recurring tasks
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance or accounting
- 5-6 years of experience in an FP&A role with strong financial and variance analysis skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, GSuite (Google Sheets), financial modeling, and preparing presentations
- Experience using an ERP system(s) such as Netsuite
- Experience using budgeting tools such as Hyperion, Adaptive Insights or Anaplan
- Comprehension and experience with BI and data visualization tools highly advantageous (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, SQL server reporting services etc.)
- Attention to detail and first run accuracy is required
- Problem solving and investigative skills, coupled with a creative analytical orientation
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment
- Intrinsic motivation with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the organization
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles
- Understanding and familiarity with cryptocurrency is a plus
Please note, that as part of the interview process, there will be an SQL test to assess your skill level
Location Tagging: #EU #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us