Product Manager, Banking
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
Kraken is expanding its product team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business and will play a significant role expanding Kraken’s business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the product team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, partners and customers. We are building a product team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
The Product Manager will be responsible for the implementation of banking capabilities under the SPDI banking charter issued to Kraken by the state of Wyoming. Work areas include bank transfers, on-boarding workflows, regulatory & compliance requirements, transaction monitoring, banking products, end-user experiences and of course cryptocurrencies. The ideal candidate is data-driven, process oriented, technically adept and has a proven track record of achievement in the Banking world.
Responsibilities include product expertise, the creation of product requirements, project schedules and supporting materials in partnership with design, content, technology and service teams. The product manager provides day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established feature, usability, content and quality requirements.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Drive development and integration of Kraken’s Banking System components
- Maintain market and competitor insights across the banking and crypto industries
- Work closely with client-facing personnel, compliance, legal and key stakeholders
- Plan relevant testing, rollouts and execution stages
- Definition and on-going monitoring of relevant KPIs
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for improvement
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows.
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Knowledge and/or experience with US banking & CBS (Core Banking Systems)
- Understanding of the banking regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of large scale banking systems
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency space
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or risk relevant experience is required
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us