Operational Resiliency Specialist - US
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
The global Operational Resiliency (OpR) Team supports the security, availability, and durability of one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.Kraken is seeking experienced candidates to join a team of specialists owning operational resiliency initiatives. As an Operational Resiliency Specialist, you will collaborate across multiple business units driving and overseeing all aspects of Change Management, Release Management, and Incident Management. In addition, this role will also assist in the development and enhancement of existing processes and procedures including monitoring, alerting, and procedural documentation maintenance.
Applicants for this role should be located in a US time zone--Pacific time zone preferred.
- Support the efforts of keeping one of the fastest growing companies in the world up and available in a 24/7 environment
- Drive daily release planning activities including ensuring changes are well-documented and daily stand-ups and change windows are effectively coordinated
- Work with stakeholders to routinely review incident response playbooks, maintain escalation flow schedules, and participate in table top exercises
- Develop and implement communications plans for incidents and maintenances with the Communications team
- Act as watchdogs to monitor system dashboard for health, uptime, and availability and working closely with the Client Engagement Team to identify issues early on
- Identify areas lacking visibility for monitoring improvement efforts
- Inform automation efforts to further enhance monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Guide unplanned incidents from alert, response, resolution, and post-mortems with affected teams
- Work closely with the sister function, Technical Project Management, and other stakeholders to hand-off items needing remediation and identify long-term improvement strategies
- Mentor team members on incident response capabilities to increase response efficiency
- 3+ years as a project manager, scrum master, incident responder, release coordinator, or similar IT service management coordination function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle including the importance of testing and rollback planning practices
- Highly responsive and extremely organized with the ability to direct the flow of a highly availabletechnical environment that operates 24/7/365
- Experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Expertise with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Highly proficient in designing and configuring Jira workflows
- Agile and Project Management Certifications strongly preferred: PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL, etc..
- Prior experience setting up incident response monitoring and alerting schedules is a plus
- Self starter
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us