Software Engineer in Test - Rust - Core Backend
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
At Kraken we provide people with the means to explore the world of cryptocurrency trading. We are passionate about delivering the best possible user experience possible while maintaining our impeccable track record of security. If you too enjoy bringing excellence to the table then we have a place for you at Kraken.
About the role:
The Core Backend team is looking for a highly experienced developer that will drive quality on our internal and external APIs through expansion of our automation framework. As a Rust QA Engineer you would drive efforts both by producing high quality tests and through mentoring more junior members. Your critical thinking and data reporting will shape the future of our product. Read more about the team's journey to Rust in our Engineering blog!
- Own automated Quality Assurance testing for the Core Backend team
- Deliver automated test cases in our Rust Cucumber framework from feature stories and bug reports
- Create highly reusable test steps that can be easily used by others to write test cases
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our product
- Write tickets for failed test cases
- Reporting and documentation of test results
- Develop and monitor KPIs for the automation team
- Some limited manual testing as assigned and to better understand new features
- Review MRs and coach more junior members on best practices
- Collaborate with other automation engineers across the Kraken family of products to crosstrain and create a uniform look and feel to our testing infrastructure.
- Passionate about the Kraken mission of accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- An API test developer with a passion for Quality Assurance
- Experienced in Rust, PHP a plus
- Experience with REST and WebSocket APIs
- Experience using Git.
- Strong experience with end-to-end testing strategies
- Must understand the difference between buy/sell at market vs limit, must understand long and short positions as well as margin trades.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (computer science or finance) and 5 years QA automation experience or equivalent industry experience.
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know