QA Automation Engineer, Trading Engine
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world, and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, and we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America and Europe.
- Build and enhance test automation frameworks for back-end testing using general-purpose programming languages like Go, Python, and C++
- Build out automated regression test suite to achieve higher test coverage
- Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture
- Collaborate on test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications with development and product teams
- Ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Comfortable writing not only automated tests but the frameworks and tooling that support them using high-level programming languages, particularly Go, Python, and C++
- 3+ years QA experience in the financial sector
- Very comfortable using Linux command line and local virtual machines
- Familiarity with messaging protocols, particularly TCP sockets, HTTP(S), REST, WebSockets, Protocol Buffers
- Keen interest in financial markets and familiarity with trading, particularly order types and collateral/margin trading
- Prior experience implementing automated testing of distributed real-time systems
- Well versed with issue-tracking tools such as Bugzilla and JIRA
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first basis
- BS in computer science or a related quantitative field
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.