QA Engineer- Trading Engine
New York City or Remote
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
· Test core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading engine.
· Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture.
· Collaborate on test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications with development and product teams.
· Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
· Ensure timely completion of QA deliverables and they meet the defined requirements of the project.
· 3+ years QA experience in the Financial sector.
· Proficient with Linux, SQL and scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python)
· Knowledge of messaging protocols (websockets, RPC)
· Prior experience working with automated testing of distributed real-time systems.
· Well versed using JIRA for test management and defect tracking.
· Knowledge of advanced order types, trading systems, and financial products is highly preferable.
· Cryptocurrency/Blockchain familiarity highly preferable
· Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritize tasks and adhere to aggressive deadlines
· Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
· BS in a technical or quantitative field
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.