QA Automation Engineer - Trading Engine
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
- Build and enhance test automation frameworks for back-end testing using general-purpose programming languages like Go, Python, and C++
- Build out automated regression test suite to achieve higher test coverage
- Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture
- Collaborate on test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications with development and product teams
- Ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Comfortable writing not only automated tests but the frameworks and tooling that support them using high-level programming languages, particularly Go, Python, and C++
- 3+ years QA experience in the financial sector
- Very comfortable using Linux command line and local virtual machines
- Familiarity with messaging protocols, particularly TCP sockets, HTTP(S), REST, WebSockets, Protocol Buffers
- Keen interest in financial markets and familiarity with trading, particularly order types and collateral/margin trading
- Prior experience implementing automated testing of distributed real-time systems
- Well versed with issue-tracking tools such as Bugzilla and JIRA
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first basis
- BS in computer science or a related quantitative field
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.