Treasury Capital Markets Manager
North America /
Accounting and Finance /
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role:
The Kraken Treasury Team is looking to hire a Capital Markets Manager to build our function across capital markets and cash forecasting. This position will provide oversight for global liquidity, forecasting, foreign exchange, and interest rate and counterparty risk management. This role will work with Kraken’s products to ensure the efficient use of our capital globally. The capital markets lead will foster financial business relationships with Kraken’s banking and financial service providers and will provide the analytics and tools to manage financial service providers holistically across banking, treasury, capital markets, credit and advisory services.
As Capital Markets Manager, you will be responsible for managing key strategic treasury responsibilities while aligning with Kraken’s culture and driving company success through owning the following responsibilities and performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain the company’s Liquidity and Investment policies. Lead cash investment program including policy definition and management of the investment of surplus funds in bank deposits, money market funds, or other approved instruments.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate currency exposure through the implementation of natural hedging offsets or financial derivatives. Support FX program development and make recommendations to management. Execute FX transactions as needed.
- Manage treasury model to forecast, track, and plan currency re-balancing needs and decisions.
- Provide analytic support and advice for Kraken's strategic investments and ad hoc projects.
- Provide strategic advice and day to day support for various Risk Management initiatives (counterparty, foreign exchange, interest rate risk).
- Analyze, monitor, and manage regulatory capital requirements across all legal entities to allocate capital efficiently and effectively.
- Analyze, provide oversight, and or perform operating trading activities resulting from Kraken's balance sheet or income statement management. This includes writing and managing trading bots.
- Serve as a key interface with bankers, creditors and rating agencies, which will include managing specific financing transactions.
- Partner with the business (understand business environment, core drivers and cash needs) to ensure strategies are aligned to support business growth.
- Partner with FP&A and Function Heads to enhance the cash flow forecasting process, taking into consideration impact of working capital, accounting policies and capital projections.
- Develop, execute and maintain global funding strategies and plans.
- Coordinate and negotiate terms of credit lines and loans.
- Assist Investor Relations with special projects including the preparation and analysis for the Board, existing and new investors, the evaluation of strategic financing and capital decisions, and the implementation of new products.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics; MBA preferred.
- Strong math and quantitative analysis skills.
- 8+ years of experience in positions of increased responsibility in Treasury, Corporate Finance, and Capital markets. Industry experience in fintech, brokerage exchange, banking, or cryptocurrency.
- Strong financial, forecast, and hedge modeling experience. Technical skills and experience to write and manage trading bots.
- Team player who is able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently across multiple geographies.
- Strong work ethic, and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us