Integrations Engineer (Remote)
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role
We are looking for an applications integrations engineer who will play a crucial role in building the next generation of Kraken’s applications and data platforms.
This strategic position will be part of a strong team that will play a pivotal role in Kraken’s ERP, HCM, financial applications and the integrations connecting them. In this role, you will work within a small workgroup to design, build, implement, iterate, support, maintain and enhance a set of enterprise platforms. You will be the primary engineer within this workgroup and responsible for technical design, helping to drive technical decisions/discussions and development. Across the workgroups you will contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, conducting code reviews, and partnering on projects.
We would love to talk to you: if you have a passion for tackling audacious goals within a small team; you excel as a primary contributor; and you are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to security, efficiency and scalability.
- Work closely within your workgroup to prioritize and build your team’s short and long term roadmap
- Provide technical expertise and leadership aimed at delivering long term business needs into high quality, scalable, secure systems enabling Kraken's dynamic growth in a strategic manner
- Manage system enhancement projects from design through implementation: expect to get into the details - this role will require analysis, design, development, testing, hot fixes, and releases
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations
- Building, enhancing, evaluating and maintaining systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties
- More specifically you will be responsible for designing and building connectors to various enterprise applications, striving for extensibility, usability and scalability of data transfer using a full breadth of data transfer protocols available by each system
- Previous background with XML, XSLT, SOAP based Web Services, Eclipse based development environments and JAVA especially in the HCM/HRIS platform space
- Highly analytical and are interested in designing and developing solutions related to enterprise applications
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements
- Experience designing and building integrations between enterprise applications using REST APIs, iPaas, Webhooks, and RPCs
- Advanced in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C#, Java or C++.
- Great knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with data integration and ETL tools (both productized and open source)
- Experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms, with a focus on the general ledger
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: