Onboarding Business Analyst
Client Services /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
We’re accepting applicants for a business analyst who provides first rate project support to our onboarding group and takes ownership of project work, bugs and feature requests related to onboarding areas. You will work directly with department Leads, subject matter experts, product managers and engineers to help refine and produce the best in industry onboarding experience and ensure bugs are escalated and resolved as quickly as possible.
You are data driven, and always look for evidence to justify the importance and priority of requests. You will seek opportunities and solutions to help to maximize the number of successful client interactions, and strive to improve the productivity and efficiency of our teams.
Attention to detail is a must as is being process-driven and efficient. We are looking for people who can grow with the role, so that means having a passion for learning and coming up with new ideas. We want people to own the process and continuously look for a better way to get things done.
Our team is one of the best in the industry, and we’re looking for people who can make us better. Many of us work remotely, but we’re in touch with each other constantly. We collaborate to solve tough problems and meet regularly to stay up to date on what’s going on in the company and industry. We have a great community, and many of us have become close friends.
- Own and drive specific projects, working alongside multiple stakeholders from different departments
- Handle internal communication channels and lead onboarding team communications with Product, Engineering and other departments
- Escalating bugs and features for onboarding teams
- Help develop and maintain procedural documentation and training materials in alignment with internal policies.
- Participate in projects and any other special tasks assigned, such as automating key processes or leveraging technology solutions.
- Document all changes timely in the team changelogs
- Keep the bugs and feature requests board up to date
- Lead product triage meetings
Specific day-to-day tasks you may be in charge of
- Effectively communicate status and escalate issues to project leaders and management team
- Ensure the team is notified of changes in advance and help coordinate team documentation updates
- Keep up to date with the relevant product roadmaps
- Write initial requirements for new product changes, automations and streamlining requests
- Test and reproduce bugs before submitting bug reports
- Perform analysis and define the data requirements necessary to substantiate and justify requests before clearly articulating research
- Attend product meetings with Leads to discuss issues
- Write and file JIRA tickets
- Track status of JIRA tickets through to completion
- Act as a liaison between technical teams and business partners
- Help Analyze processes to ensure the team is operating as lean and efficiently as possible
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and proactively share knowledge
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with line of business stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate fragmented facts into a detailed problem statement
- Experience in/aptitude for project management
- Has the ability to prioritize and distill many disparate issues/requests into high-level categories
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong relationship management and partnership skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technological environment and take lead in unstructured situations
- Requires ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong ownership mentality
- 1 years business analysis experience
- 1 years experience in financial markets/Client On-boarding
- Crypto/Fintech industry experience
- Tech/Startup experience
- Agile knowledge experience working with methodologies is a plus
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us