Product Manager - full candidate pool
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This job is fully remote or San Francisco based.
We are looking for a solution-oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter to fill a role as Product Manager to drive our Marketing products. This role will be responsible for generating product requirements, developing a prioritization framework, and collaborating closely with our Marketing, Design and Development teams to seamlessly drive successful product and marketing campaign launches.
The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, follows an efficient process, is technically adept and has an innovative mindset with a proven track record of achievement. Oh and a deep passion for crypto!
Responsibilities include the development of product requirements, project dependencies and supporting materials in partnership with creative designers, content producers, developers, and the marketing team. The product manager provides day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely build and delivery of projects which meet established feature, usability, content and quality requirements.
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
Great benefits, amazing perks, remote work and travel opportunities, stock incentives, beautiful HQ office, and a flexible PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work. If you value having a seat at the table and want to make a big impact on guiding the direction of product development at one of the top crypto exchanges in the world, this role is for you.
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for the marketing team
- Perform research to gain market insights across the industry
- Work closely with customers and key stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to engage investors and traders
- Influence the user experience and design of products and marketing campaigns
- Manage engagement with customers, internal and external parties
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Actively prioritize product backlog , pre planning, prioritization and user story mapping sessions
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, site-maps, and process flows.
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Ensure proper integration and scalability of shared systems, products and tools
- 2-4 years of product management experience owning a consumer-facing product
- Exceptional communication, presentation skills, and technical writing skills with a proven ability to write clear and concise user stories and requirements
- Experience with content management systems and workflows
- Strong understanding of full stack web development, REST and websocket APIs
- Strong grasp of information architecture, workflows and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with Designers, Developers, Marketing Managers, and other Product Managers in an Agile organization
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Familiarity with project management software
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement with a desire to make the best trading platform in the world
- Content Marketing experience a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: