Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cryptowatch
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
The DevOps Engineer is critical to the Kraken platform and infrastructure. You are smart, highly skilled, and self-motivated, with a penchant for out-of-the-box thinking. You are a developer who is interested in deployment and network operations, or a system administrator who has a passion for scripting and coding. In other words, you understand how systems work in the overall technical infrastructure, and you are eager to push outside your defined areas of competence and bridge the needs the business has with the technical know-how to build the solution. At Kraken, our culture and our people are at the core of our strategy, and the future growth and health of our company rests on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry.
- Responsible for the operation, support, and security of production infrastructure
- Author automation tools to assist with deployments, logging, monitoring, and capacity planning for on-premise and cloud-hosted environments
- Define and manage the development of all tools and processes needed for a “Control Room” to enable 24/7 problem monitoring and remediation
- Support various operational open source tools and frameworks as needed
- Responsible for disaster recovery planning and operation
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Work would require on-call support including nights and weekends as needed
- 10+ years of experience & expertise in Linux
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., PHP, Python, C++, or GO)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with Open Source Network/Server Monitoring tools.
- Experience with Clustering and Orchestration tools
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
Nice to have
- HighPerformance File Systems
- Backup solutions
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us