IT Security Associate - Japan
IT and Security /
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
With the business start in Japan, we have been responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations and routine in consideration of IT governance/control, and also need to report our status regularly as well. We also provide physical and technical IT and security support onsite to our users in Japan. In case of emergencies, such as system failure/unavailable, security incident, or so, we need to be on the front lines of communication with local users and take action so as to minimize the impact of the incidents. The ability to prepare and submit failure reports in Japanese to the FSA and prepare official documents in Japanese is necessary to communicate with them.
- Maintain the complicated relationship that our global employees have with the devices and/or technology they interact with on a daily basis (in order to do their jobs and get work done)
- Help team members by solving computer, mobile device, application and access issues to allow them to work effectively
- Answer team members' questions efficiently to strive for optimized productivity and possess the know-how and experience needed to aid team members use common workplace devices, tools, applications and services
- 3+ years experience in an Information Technology, involved in Security and IT operations inconsideration of IT governance & controls
- Hands-on technical expertise - infrastructure and network device configuration, and scripting and/or programming languages, etc.
- General knowledge of systems administration and operations, including security, monitoring, etc.
- Basic understanding of infrastructure and networking technology concepts
- Basic understanding of MacOS and Linux as client/workstation management
- General knowledge with security best practices, including knowledge for system hardening, secure programming and coding, and physical security
- Familiarity with FISC security guidelines, NIST cybersecurity framework, and ISO security framework
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Experience working in cryptocurrency or digital asset industry is a big plus
- Native Japanese and advanced English language (Reading/Writing) skills are required
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us