Corporate Counsel - US Governance
Remote Anywhere /
Legal – Counsel /
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Join our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.
This role is fully remote within the United States (US). Per the listed requirement for US state bar admission, we will consider US-based applicants.
- Manage and advise on domestic and international corporate governance, regulatory compliance, international registrations, compliance, and management of subsidiary entities
- Collaborate closely with business executives and colleagues in the legal, tax, HR, treasury, and finance departments on domestic and international corporate governance, corporate structuring, regulatory compliance, and related securities matters
- Contribute to a growing corporate legal team that is building out org structure, playbooks, and processes
- Review and collaborate with compliance professionals on AML, KYC/UBO compliance, and other regulatory aspects
- Provide support for corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic corporate partnership
Skills you should HODL
- 5+ years of attorney experience in corporate governance, to include a blend of in-house and law-firm, plus relevant experience in a regulated industry/context
- JD from a well regarded law school and membership (in good standing) in a US state bar
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
Nice to haves
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Experience both in house and at a law firm
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know