Finance Transformation Manager
Accounting and Finance /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
The Finance team at Kraken is a group of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk and providing the overall financial controls and reporting functions for executive decision making, compliance and audit readiness. Our work contributes directly to Kraken’s success. The Platform Accounting and Analytics department (PAA) within Finance supports the vision and mission of finance through the use of data and analytics. The PAA department within Finance is looking for a Senior Data Analyst who will work closely with senior leadership within the Finance function to build and manage a cohesive strategy to enhance the consumption of data and analytics to support the objectives of the Finance function and in turn contribute to the mission of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial system.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with key finance team stakeholders to create and prioritize internal product initiatives
- Analyze data outputs and perform testing along the product phases
- Document and communicate blockers to projects as they arise and work with Director of FT to propose solutions
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the needs of finance, data, and key stakeholders to inform product specifications and requirements
- Own product roadmap tasks and see them through to completion
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Work closely with product team to drive progress of the finance product roadmap
Who you are:
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, how transactions affect financial statements, and financial consolidations
- Experience working with backend transaction data sets and writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with company financial audits and soc readiness requirements
- Knowledge of the digital asset exchange space
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting or financial analysis experience
- Expertise in data gathering and performing analysis using Excel, Google Sheets, or Tableau
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us