Compliance Associate - Strategic Initiatives : Regulatory Licensing
Compliance – Compliance /
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role:
As Kraken’s product and service lines continue to diversify across multiple jurisdictions, we are recruiting for a regulatory licensing expert to join our global Compliance for Strategic Initiatives (CSI) function.
Our Compliance for Strategic Initiatives (CSI) function is the driving force that spearheads collaboration between our central compliance teams and all other Kraken lines of business around the world. As a team, CSI delivers world-class regulatory compliance solutions for new and emerging products and services ensuring that we are building them in a safe, flexible and scalable manner.
In this team, we are recruiting for a new Compliance Associate with deep expertise in regulatory licensing activity. You will hold responsibility for coordinating the tracking, organization and communication of a wide range of regulatory licensing maintenance and application requirements internationally.
As our CSI Licensing specialist, you will have regular engagement with varying Kraken entities and their Regional Compliance officers to support them in resolving outstanding issues and bottlenecks, while overseeing the moving parts to ensure successful on-time delivery of desired outcomes. We also see medium-term potential to develop and lead a team of central licensing professionals as demand from this function increases.
- Maintain and control our central license maintenance log, ensuring effective prioritization of both planned and ad-hoc license application and maintenance requirements across the group.
- Constantly analyze new and emerging laws and regulations across U.S.,European, and other global jurisdictions to support development of business opportunities and the licensing requirements that may come with them.
- Own and drive key organizational projects from a compliance perspective related to licensing on both pre- and post-acquisition basis.
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally across both technical and non-technical teams
- 3+ years experience leading various regulatory license applications in US or EU jurisdictions (eg. Money Transmission, EMI, VASP licenses)
- Experience with project delivery for large, global, cross functional projects with geographically distributed teams
- Strong awareness of emerging regulatory changes such as EU 6MLD and MiCAFamiliarity and previous experience with agile methodologiesDeep interest in / knowledge of the crypto regulatory landscapeResourceful and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources.Trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to take ownership of your work product and consistently deliver results in a face-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational proficiency.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know