Frontend Engineer - Cryptowatch (Remote)
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2018 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
This role is fully remote and based in the Americas or Europe.
Help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken's professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular, real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform which people rely on all over the world. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new directions. There's rarely a boring day in crypto, and we're looking for people who want to be part of this exciting ecosystem!
- Develop efficient and complex user interfaces with React and Redux
- Migrate existing code from old communication patterns to Redux
- Maintain a well organized codebase of components
- Write code that works across current versions of all major browsers
- Think through edge cases and unexpected user interactions to develop a robust UX
- Structure pages to optimize for fast load time and efficient API calls
- Optimize existing code to minimize waste of client resources
- Collaborate with backend engineers to implement backend requirements for new interfaces
- Expertise using React and Redux
- Experience writing code in ES6 syntaxExperience working with Webpack
- Experience writing CSS using SASS abstractions
- Experience working with both REST and websocket APIs
- Ability to independently navigate a large codebase to find logic and debug problems
- Ability to collaborate with remote employees (developers and designers)
A strong candidate will also:
- Have an eye for visual balance and harmony
- Be proficient with HTML5 canvas
- Have experience working with websocket clients and protocol buffers
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us