Senior Frontend Engineer - React, Cryptowatch
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This role is fully remote and based in the Americas or Europe.
Help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken's professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular, real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform which people rely on all over the world. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new directions. There's rarely a boring day in crypto, and we're looking for people who want to be part of this exciting ecosystem!
- Develop efficient and complex user interfaces with React and Redux
- Migrate existing code from old communication patterns to Redux
- Maintain a well organized codebase of components
- Write code that works across current versions of all major browsers
- Think through edge cases and unexpected user interactions to develop a robust UX
- Structure pages to optimize for fast load time and efficient API calls
- Optimize existing code to minimize waste of client resources
- Collaborate with backend engineers to implement backend requirements for new interfaces
- Expertise using React and Redux
- Experience writing code in ES6 syntax
- Experience working with Webpack
- Experience writing CSS using SASS abstractions
- Experience working with both REST and websocket APIs
- Ability to independently navigate a large codebase to find logic and debug problems
- Ability to collaborate with remote employees (developers and designers)
Nice to have
- Have an eye for visual balance and harmony
- Be proficient with HTML5 canvas
- Have experience working with websocket clients and protocol buffers
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us