Staff / Principal Product Designer
Design – Design /
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role
We’re looking for product design leaders to help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a bank here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
We are looking for motivated, detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for beautiful design that delivers meaningful experiences to our customers and continuing fantastic results for our rapidly expanding business. All designers on our team collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, product managers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when creative people roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
Kraken offers competitive compensation, flexible hours, health and wellness benefits and an open PTO policy.
How you’ll make an impact
- Strategically lead the development of standards and guidelines that clarify expectations for the design team
- Your impact will be a force multiplier, amplifying efforts to improve our design
- Mentor, influence and coach other designers
- Take a leading role in the realisation of our vision for crypto
What you’ll do
- Lead the creation of high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers
- A systems thinker who can balance business objectives, consumer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to prototypes, to production
- Actively lead design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full ownership of the work and total responsibility for every last detail
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Evangelise the definition and expansion of new and existing design systems
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from leadership
What we look for
- Experience successfully leading the delivery of multiple consumer products
- Demonstrated high-quality interactive design work across mobile and desktop platforms
- Subject Matter Experts with methods grounded in human-centered design and research; asking the right questions before assuming solutions or success
- Systems thinkers who can see the big picture and bring it to life
- Natural storytellers, with a demonstrated ability to rationalise design decisions
- Deep knowledge of the competitive landscape in both finance and crypto
- A desire to take a leading role in a rapidly growing and evolving design team, helping shape its culture and operations
- Highly functional and organised individuals who enjoy spontaneity
- Egoless, mindful, and open minded
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Graphic Design, or related field (Master degree preferred)
Nice but not necessary
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience designing financial products, trading platforms, or numerically-oriented interfaces
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC #LI-Remote #LI-BL1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know