Client Engagement Supervisor (Multilingual)
Client Services /
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency and multilingual capabilities. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The Kraken Client Engagement team continues to grow at an astounding rate aiming to achieve our mission of accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrencies. The team lives out this mission everyday by providing outstanding experiences for all our clients across the world.
As a Supervisor, your leadership will play a critical role in achieving company wide goals. You will be directly managing and supporting a team responsible for providing end-to-end client support on a variety of languages. Thinking holistically about the company’s success, you will leverage your understanding of the resources within the team to achieve service quality goals and business objectives in a timely and efficient manner, while identifying areas for improvement along the way.
A successful candidate has direct management experience and is quality- and results-driven. By combining your ability to inspire others, in-depth crypto knowledge, multilingual capabilities, experience in leading a high performing team and familiarity with language support and localization processes, you will play a strong role in our success and ability to deliver world class support.
- Responsible for managing your direct reports to achieve department goals
- Coach, mentor, and develop your direct reports
- Delegate work to employees, track progress and provide constructive feedback
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure reports adhere to company and department policies
- Have regular voice or video 1 on 1s with all your direct reports at least once per month
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate team members and create strategies to boost productivity
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of optimized language support processes, its service standards, work plan and implementation specifications
- Think holistically about Kraken’s success, how your team can contribute to it, and then drive that success
- Develop technical subject matter expertise across our robust product and service offerings
- Passionate about the client experience and pushing boundaries to deliver amazing service
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Client Services, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction
- Continually improve the client experience by championing client feedback to other parts of the organization such as the product and engineering teams
- Serve as a link between direct reports and Language Lead
- Help increase the quality of the Client Engagement team
- Work weekends on a rotating schedule
- Assist in the hiring process for new team members as requested by the recruiting team or your manager
- Strong English communication skills
- Multilingual capability with a preference for Spanish or French fluency
- 2+ years of direct management experience with client experience oriented teams
- Experience in organizing work groups, coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing rules and ensuring quality compliance
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Data driven; must be able to collect, interpret, analyze and create meaningful action items out of data from various sources
- Service-oriented, resourceful and forward-thinking
- Ability to think both creatively and critically; willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions
- Able to manage several projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong, confident, and skilled writing skills and experience communicating to all levels of an organization
- Excellent track record of growing and managing deeply engaged, high performing teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively
- Ability and readiness to guide, train and support team members
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and passion for crypto!
- Motivated by Kraken’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global client base
- Highly self-motivated to help our company fulfil its larger mission
- People-centered, supportive, and flexible in order to get the most out of their team
- A natural leader that’s focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver their best results
- Security and privacy focused
- Hands-on mentality
- Familiarity with localization/translation tools is a nice to have
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us