Bank Operations Manager
Regional and Banking Operations /
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
While we have a preference for candidates who are local to Wyoming, we are open to considering a fully remote position for the right person. Relocation assistance is available to those who are open to relocating to Wyoming.
The Bank Operations Manager supervises the Bank and Deposit Operations staff and provides day-to-day oversight and management of the department. Provides a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers for all deposit related functions/issues. Ensures the department’s compliance with operating policies and procedures, internal controls and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the completion of the daily deposit operation functions for the bank including, but not limited to: ACH and check processing and return handling, wire transfer processing, overdraft program, dormant account monitoring and escheatment, IRA account processing and review, end of year tax reporting, statement rendering, returned deposited items, account research requests, deposit account reviews and corrections, returned mail, foreign checks processing and IOLTA processing
- Responsible for managing deposit related core system parameters, including product rate changes and the development of new products and services at the request of management
- Deliver operational, technical and functional expertise in the development of departmental policies and procedures. Continually evaluate policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and adjust when necessary
- Provide direction and oversight to ensure operational processes meet deadlines and schedules in order for the department to consistently meet defined standards
- Troubleshoot service issues and coordinates with various departments if necessary in the identification and resolution of operational issues. Identify situations impacting customers to determine and implement solutions in a timely manner to service both internal and external customers
- Responsible for all deposit product government reporting, corrections, and customer research inquiries. Ensure completion of all court ordered subpoenas and summons. Maintains files for these types of requests
- Respond to inquiries from other departments, branches and customers
- Prepare documentation for federal, state, financial and internal auditors
- Provide training to staff members as needed
- Cross-train in all Deposit Operations positions in order to provide backup capabilities and to provide support in all functions of the department
- Lead, develop, and coach staff. Perform regular coaching sessions with employees and actively participates in continual employee development. Handle all employee related issues for the department including performance management, staffing/scheduling, and development
- Work with management in establishing specific goals for the department and implements strategies to achieve these goals
- 7+ years experience managing the Deposit Operations department in a financial services environment
- Extensive knowledge of deposit related regulations such as Reg D, E, CC, DD, as well as ACH rules, check processing rules and wires
- Must be detailed oriented in interpreting, analyzing, monitoring and reporting information
- Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- NACHA certifications are a major plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us